Hey everyone ! In today’s post I am going to review a very popular and raved about product – The Body Shop’s Born Lippy Strawberry Lip Balm. Let’s see if the product lives up to all the claims and hype!
What the TBS website says :
Our cult lip balm in a pot. Gives color, flavor and moisture for more kissable lips.
Moisturizes the lips, gives a red tint and shiny finish, has a fruity strawberry flavor.
Product quantity : 10 ml
Price : Rupees 275
My Experience – The Pros :
- Love this lip balm for the sheer reddish pink tint it gives to the lips – the best amongst all variants of the born lippy lip balm. The color doesn’t stay for long ( it’s a lip balm after all ) but it gives the most natural and healthy finish to the lips.
- Here’s a swatch of the lip balm :
- Moisturizes the lips decently, reduces dryness and keeps the lips moisturized for around 3-4 hours after application.
- Instant glossy finish
- Its USP is the community fair trade beeswax which is a natural bee wax of pure organic origin.
- It has an amazing fruity fragrance.
- It is a wonderful lip balm for daily use to work or college in all seasons.
- One pot of the lip balm lasts for a long time.
My Experience – The Cons :
- It comes in tub packaging and some of you may not be comfortable with dipping fingers in the tub every time for application ( though it doesn’t bother me much since I am constantly using sterilium at the clinic )
- It doesn’t really cure heavily chapped or cracked lips – for that one will have to rely on petroleum jelly or almond/olive oil but it will keep the lips soft.
- It is slightly pricey but I would say the quality and quantity makes up for that.
Rating : 4.5/5
Overall I love the The Body Shop Born Lippy Strawberry Lip Balm for daily use and find it totally worth the price. It is one of my first and most favorite purchases from The Body Shop.