It is a must to moisturize the skin and protect it with SPF during daytime to keep the skin glowing and healthy. In today’s product scan I will review a product having properties of both – a moisturizer and a sunscreen with dark spot reduction properties.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT :
Effective formula enriched with even out complex fights dark spots and hyperpigmentation. High performing formula reduces existing hyperpigmentation and helps prevent the appearance of dark spots. With vitamin E and UV filter for extra protection from photo aging. SPF 20.
QUANTITY : 50 ml
PRICE : INR 790. You can purchase it from the Oriflame website here
NOTEWORTHY INGREDIENTS :
- Methoxycinnamate, Octocrylene : Potent UV filters
- Caprilyic triglyceride : A fatty acid derivative from coconut that is a very good moisturizing agent
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Vitamin E derivative
- Citric acid, Rumex occidentalis, Liqourice extracts : Reduce hyperpigmentation and even out skin
Overall the ingredient list packs a powerful combination of sunscreens, lightening agents, moisturizers and antioxidants.
MY EXPERIENCE : THE PROS
- It has SPF 2o with some good chemical UV protectors in the ingredient list so I did not have to layer on a moisturize and sunscreen separately plus it saves time too 🙂
- It protected me from tanning . To test the SPF I had worn this under peak sun in the afternoons in summer and yet I did not end up as tanned as usually do which is quite remarkable since I am someone who is very easily prone to tanning and have badly tanned even with so called SPF 70 sunscreens!!
- I liked the fact that it has vitamin E which is a good moisturizer and a wonderful antioxidant that protects from premature aging.
- It lived up to its claim of evening the skin tone to quite some extent when I used it in conjunction with the night cream from the same range. My freckles do appear slightly fainter than before.
- It prevented the formation of new freckles.
- My skin appeared healthier overall.
- Small quantity of the cream is required so a little goes a long way
MY EXPERIENCE : THE CONS
- The product is thick in consistency and slightly greasy.
- I believe it will suit ladies with normal or dry skin well but I found it to be heavy for my combination to oily skin.
- It made my skin oily and shiny quicker than the other creams usually do.
- Travelling with the heavy glass jar packaging is slightly inconvenient.
I would recommend this cream to ladies with normal or dry skin since it will suit them perfectly. Oily/Combination skin ladies may get variable results.