Aging is one of the realities of our lives and eventually we all have to embrace wrinkles but we can definitely delay the signs of aging and prevent premature aging. Today’s post will help you understand the phenomenon of aging and help you prepare your own anti aging plan.
- Aging and its types :
Aging skin undergoes a few characteristic changes. Its capability to shed old cells and produce newer ones gradually slows down. It also begins to lose collagen that provides tightness and plumpness to the skin.Aging skin also loses it capacity to retain moisture so it turns dry giving way to fine lines and wrinkles.
Aging is of two types –
Intrinsic aging – This is genetic and we can see the signs of intrinsic aging in our mid 20s. Intrinsic aging leads to a decrease in the collagen and elastin of the skin and the cell turnover gradually reduces giving way to fine lines, wrinkles and age spots.
Extrinsic aging – This is the appearance of aging signs due to external factors such as pollution, sun exposure, gravity, improper sleep position, stress. Many of these factors are unavoidable in today’s lifestyle which often leads to premature aging.
- Build your anti – aging regime :
Here are a few steps to help you delay the signs of aging.
Food that is rich in anti oxidants, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin A and omega 3 fatty acids. A few examples of good anti-aging food stuffs would be green tea, soya, citric fruits, green leafy vegetables, fish and walnuts. Also make sure you stay well hydrated by drinking at least 2-3 liters of water per day.
Avoid exposure to sun between 10 am to 4 pm as far as possible since UV rays are the most harmful during this period and yes deliberate tanning is a complete no-no if you don’t want to age fast!
Avoid stress, smoking and make sure you get a proper sleep.
Start using good anti aging skin care products to delay the signs of aging.
- The most important anti aging product is a good sunscreen to prevent damage occurring due to UV rays. Prevention is better than cure!
Recommendation – Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sun Block SPF 50
With a high SPF and PA+++ this one protects against UV rays effectively.
- Use a good anti aging moisturizer specially during bed time since cell regenaration takes place during sleep. Look out for the following ingredients in your anti ageing moisturizer –
- Retinol – This vitamin A derivative is one of the most powerful anti aging ingredients. It reduces wrinkling and accelerates the cell turnover.
- Niacinamide – or vitamin B3 is a great agent to fight dark spots and age spots.
- Hyaluronic acid – This humectant provides moisture to the skin and also increases the collagen production which makes the skin plumper.
- Glycolic acid – This is an amazing ingredient that exfoliates dead cells off the skin giving it a fresher appearance.
- Caffeine – Great quick fix ingredient specially for reducing the puffiness around the eyes.
- Vitamin C – A wonderful anti oxidant that increases the collagen production and reduces dark spots.
- Peptides – Increase the collagen production
Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Night Cream
This product is a wonderful combination of most powerful anti ageing ingredients – retinol and hyaluronic acid. It contains accelerated retinol SA for faster results.
So this was all about preparing your own anti ageing plan. Stay beautiful, no matter what your age!